Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fourth Response to Andrew's Second Email

In terms of my belief that the International Communist League (ICL) doesn't like its readers. From what I understand for a while (I'm not sure if it is still true) the ICL was hostile to debating the Bolshevik Tendency (BT) in public. In terms of the ICL's editorials the ICL often publishes editorials by critics and refutes them. With the BT however I think there are cases where the ICL will refuse to publish the BT's letter but right a response anyways. So basically its clear the ICL is responding to what the BT is saying but readers don't know what the BT is saying.

Another thing, I want to say that organizations that force or coerce pregnant women to have abortions or put there children up for adoption is sick. Whether a women wants abortion is up to her and her alone. I am adamantly opposed to abortion being imposed on women, such as the one-child policy in China. I also think right to lifers are sick and I think that abortion should be safe, legal, free, on demand and %100 percent consensual. Whether parents wants to keep there kids is there business not any political party's business nor is it the state's business. The only exception here is I think Child Protection Services should intervene if the parents are being abusive (physically, emotionally or otherwise).

I also think regimes telling people who they can and can't date, marry, have consensual sex with or be friends with is appalling. I think if the Bolshevik Tendency does these two things, which I am not convinced is the case, it is wrong. If I thought this was the case with the Bolshevik Tendency I wouldn't have anything to do with them. My interactions with the Bolshevik Tendency has involved sending several emails to them and voiced my opposition to what I regard as the ICL's witchhunt against Bill Logan. I am not a member of the Bolshevik Tendency nor do I plan to join them. I don't donate money to their organization nor have I attended any of their events. I don't even agree with all of there stances.

I believe the truly appalling acts of forcing to have female comrades to have abortions or to force parents to put there children up for adoptions or to forcefully seperate couples happens in the ICL and comes from the up tops (i.e. Robertson and co.). When I was with the ICL they told me I couldn't be friends with anyone who was politically active who wasn't in the ICL and that I had to give up any of my friends who were political and not in the ICL and I had quite a few at the time. To this day I haven't been able mend all the broken bridges and I cut ties with the ICL a year ago.

I think if one is in a cult they can do unspeakable things that the wouldn't do on there own and if they leave the cult they are greatly remorseful of the actions. Psychologists talk about the "mob mentally" where people to horribly unspeakable things in groups that they wouldn't do normally. I think that this kind of stuff happens a lot in cults. I think they way cults work is that when those above dictate something the people below fall in line. I think that Logan's hands are from clean. I think what makes Logan and Robertson different is that since Logan left the ICL he has been scrubbing real hard. Robertson, on the other hand, I think his hands just get dirtier and dirtier. There cases of people be in cults and doing fucked up things but later leaving these cults and turning there lives around.

A number of my emails I sent to the ICL were pretty harsh. But I am saying what I believe to be the truth and I don't claim to be impartial, I merely put forward my side of the story. Lets put it this way, practically everyone in my family and most of my friends have disabilities and/or mental illnesses. Essentially when I was with they ICL they tried to humilate, degrade and break me until I "acknowledged" that me, my family and friends are less than human and that me, my family and friends don't have the basic right to live and exist. Rights which most people take for granted. People in the ICL screamed when I tried to speak, they shouted and derided me. Essentially they were going to torture me until I confessed. Almost like the Salem Witch Trials.

Is this the end of story? No. What do I do? I bring my grievances to other left groups including a group called the Bolshevik Tendency which the ICL, I really don't believe, is at all capable of dealing with rationally. The ICL then responds by making me out to be the villain and demands that I ought apologize to them. And to add insult to injury they call me. They call me "vile" and "hypocritical" for saying I defend disability right. They defends guys who murder the disabled in cold blood yet I'm the one who is "vile" and "hypocritical" when I say I defend the rights of the disabled and that they have every right to say they defend the disabled! They say I have no right to call myself Communist, Marxist, Leninist, Trotskyist or Revolutionary and ask ME how "I" sleep at night. How do THEY sleep at night!

I want to say that a lot of people, certainly at the lower levels in the ICL are otherwise decent people. I think this is true of Andrew, who sent me several hateful email which I posted, I think it is true of Tynan who is talked about in this blog and many others. As I said before, I think being in a cult can lead people to do really fucked up things. And I can't help to at least feel some sympathy for James Robertson, the ICL's leader. He clearly has fallen victim the megalomania of being a big fish in a little pond. I don't think there's a doctor in the world who can help him at this point.

And I think Andrew M. in the emails he sent to me he really surrogate for the ICL. They put him up to denouncing me but get him to say that he is not speaking for the party. I think he is being used as a front man so that he takes the fall not the ICL.

Sincerely,
M.G.

P.S. I do plan to do some research on the BT's stance on Northern Ireland but I guess the ICL interprets this as being hating Irish people. I'm roughly 1/4 Irish so I guess the ICL thinks I hate myself. I also wanted to note that apparently Jim Robertson has apparently, on more than occasion, I believe referred to the Irish as "stupid micks".

Also on the Logan Dossier Part II, Page 75 I believe Jim Robertson says: “He said ‘I love to f—k her.’ And I said, ‘Then, she’s coming back. But she’s Irish, she’ll give you babies, lad. Why don’t you get your tubes tied?’ And that was all. And then we killed the rest of the bottle. And I reported whatever to Logan, and I said, ‘Well, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do.”

Robertson goes on to say:
“they had a marital separation, and I didn’t see anything wrong with her, except I was worried about the babies that Irish girls tend to generate. Nothing else.”
- ibid.

P.P.S. The BT, as I understand it, regarded the Soviet Union to be a bureaucratically degenerated workers state until 1991. I believe that they argue that from August 19, 1991 to around the end of the 1992 was rapidly consolidating a bourgeois state. I do intend to reread what the BT's stances are on the Soviet Union and East Germany.

P.P.P.S. In terms of the allegation by the International Communist League that Bolshevik Tendency called for a "No" vote on the 1995 Quebec Referendum and was invited to an Anglo-Chauvinist anti-Quebec "Canada Unity" Rally. I think that the burden of proof is on the ICL. And frankly, I don't think what they say on paper cuts it. As Stalin pointed out "Paper will put up with whatever is printed on it".

No comments: