Friday, March 6, 2009

My first response to Andrew

Andrew,

In terms of the Tracy Latimer issue I intially brought my concerns to ICL about the Tracy Latimer issue long before I ever the thought crossed my mined of ever going to the Bolshevik Tendency. When I talked to people in the ICL the person I spoke to resorted to hysterical dencunciations and said they were going to keep doing this until presumably I changed my stance. I went to the IBT out of desperation.

In terms of Fascists supporting. Robert Latimer. I don't think Latimer is a fascist or a Nazi, however, he has never disavowed there support. He has no problem condemning those who stand in his way holding press conferences and condemning these people, including disability rights groups as abusive and torture mongers.

In terms of Tracy Latimer's pain here pain was intermittent not unremitting. In fact Robert Latimer's wife wrote a diary chronicling Tracy Latimer's life and make virtually no mention of Tracy being in pain.

In terms of Robert Latimer's supporters. When Susan Smith killed her two non-disabled children, she like Latimer initially lied to the police. After it was obvious she killed them, she, like Latimer, claimed to have done it out of compassion. Susan Smith was dealing with a divorce and her children were taken from her. Most people, including Robert Latimer supporters cried for her blood, yet are sympathetic to Robert Latimer. The only difference between Susan Smith's children and Tracy Latimer is Tracy Latimer had a disability.

The reason, I think that few people question Robert Latimer is because people have the notion drilled into them largely by the Bourgeois press that life with a disabilty is a hopeless tragedy. The Bourgeois press has done some much to fabricate the case creating a bandwagon affect.

In terms of fundamentalist Christian being against Robert Latimer I think this accusation is fair. I think the Christian right is trying to cynically manipulate this case promote there own agenda and I don't believe for a minute that they give a shit about the disabled. In terms of my blog thebigotedmurderoftracylatimer.blogspot.com I intend to denounce the Christian right as not being allies of the disabled. I will do my part to denounce the Christian right.

In terms of Bill Logan, the ICL arguements, I believe, hinges on Bill Logan being a "psychopath". However, when James Robertson "defines" psychopath he says a psychopath is someone who is "mentally insane". As someone with a mental illness I take personal offence to me and other mentally ill people being equated with psychopaths. Also according to Dr. Robert Hare a leading authority on psychopaths he says that psychopaths don't have any of the hallmarks of mental illness. A good book by him is Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths amoung Us.

In terms of me being "outside the workers movement". If I am not mistaken both the ICL and the BT are part of the workers' movement.

In terms of the BT on Quebec I believe they are for the right of Quebec to self-determination. I don't think they go far enough but this I think is still different from "Kneeling before General Wolfe on the Plains of Abraham".

Another thing, for a while I have noticed that the ICL seems very hostile towards there readers and supporters reading anything published by the BT. Why is the ICL against people looking at both sides.

Comradely,
M.G.

No comments: